Sudarshan Column Pipes are specially designed to extract underground water from bore-wells with use of submersible motor pumps. These pipes are also known as Drop or Riser pipes. Sudarshan Column Pipes are manufactured using double stage bi-axial technology and threaded using CNC machines to ensure high precision. They are capable of handling internal hydrostatic pressure caused by pump, tensile load of the pipe-water column, pump and motor, and the impact of water hammering.
Through our continuous R&D activities, Sudarshan has developed HEAVY SERIES for deep submersible boreholes. Sudarshan HEAVY SERIES Pipes come with long coupler and wider square threads to take higher working pressure and load. Stringent on-line quality checks and rigorous testing in our laboratory has made Sudarshan Column Pipe the ‘Farmers’ First Choice’.
- Successfully installed in more than 1,200,000 boreholes.
- Exported to over 15 countries across Gulf, Africa and Europe.
- Heavy Series especially designed for deep boreholes up to 1800 feet.
- Over 18 years of maintenance free track record.
- Widest range: 1” to 6” for varying depths and pump delivery pressure.
- Tested for high quality parameters that by far surpass the actual field requirements.
Unique Features Of Sudarshan Column Pipes
- Special Compound : High-grade raw material imparts extra-ordinary strength and durability.
- Square threads : Best suited for high load applications, secure grip and easy fitment.
- Rubber Gasket & Profile 'P' Ring : Absorbs pump vibrations and provides leak-proof joints.
- 'O' Ring Lock : Provides permanent lock between coupler and pipe.
- Thick & Thin : For uniform strength throughout the pipe.
- Biaxial Orientation Technology : Orientation for higher tensile strength and impact resistance.
To lift water from bore-wells using submersible/ hand pumps.
Sudarshan uPVC Column Pipes are rigid, light weight, do not rust or corrode, and have smooth inner surface. These features make uPVC Column Pipes a perfect replacement for GI and HDPE pipes.
Advantages over Galvanised Iron and Steel Pipes
- Longer life span : Sudarshan Column Pipes have a proven track record of 18 years and counting. Even in hard, salty and sea water, the expected life span is of 30 years and more. While, G.I. and steel pipes would be unusable after 2-5 years due to rust and corrosion.
- 1. No Maintenance : At re-installation time, GI and steel pipes may need to be re-threaded due to rusting of threads, while Sudarshan Column Pipes can be installed several times without any maintenance.
- Lower operational cost : Lower frictional loss due to smooth inner surface leads to higher water output and lower power consumption. Lower load on submersible pumps reduces mechanical breakdowns and improves the pump and motor life.
- 2. Suitable for food grade : With no rust or corrosion particles, the water is much cleaner and safer.
- Easy to handle, transport and install due to its light weight.
Sudarshan uPVC Column Pipes Vs HDPE Pipes
- 1. Easy Extension : With underground water levels consistently receding over a period, extension with uPVC Column Pipe is quite easy by adding another pipe of 1.5/ 3 meter without the need of additional expensive accessories.
- 2. Higher Load Capacity : Sudarshan uPVC Column Pipes have much higher load bearing capacity which makes it more reliable and less prone to failures.
- 3. Easy bore retrieval : In case of bore collapse, it’s almost impossible to the retrieve HDPE pipes from boreholes as they tend to bend and get stuck. While its quite easy to remove column pipes using inner and outer jigs, as these pipes are rigid and remain straight.
|SIZE & CLASS
OD - Outside Dia
ND - Nominal Dia
|Ultimate Breaking Load
|Safe Pulling Load With Chain pulley (Kgf)||Safe allowable hydrostatic pressure (kg/cm2)||Safe Total Pump Delivery head (m)|
OD: 33 mm (1") ND: 25 mm
OD: 42 mm (11/4") ND: 32 mm
OD: 48 mm (11/2") ND: 40 mm
OD: 60 mm (2") ND: 50 mm
OD: 75 mm (21/2") ND: 65 mm
OD: 88 mm (3") ND: 80 mm
OD: 113 mm (4") ND: 100 mm
OD: 140 mm (5") ND: 125 mm
OD: 165 mm (6") ND: 150 mm